Your Solopipe will not come filled with butane. You must fill it with butane yourself before you can use it.
Filling your Solopipe is easy! On the side of your Solopipe, there is a small hole which is where you fill your Solopipe with butane (when needed). Place the pipe on its side upright so the gas filling valve is on the top.
- Adjust the Solopipe flame to low (See “Adjusting Flame Height” instructions).
- Hold the Solopipe so this hole is facing up, and then hold the butane tank vertically down onto the hole.
- Push refill nozzle firmly all the way into the Solopipe refill valve . Be sure it fits snuggly, and there is no butane leaking out when pressure is applied.
- Now charge down in short 2 second bursts for a total of 5 or 6 times.
- The shake the Solopipe slightly to allow for the gas to distribute throughout the pipe’s interior tubing.
- Wait until the Solopipe returns to room temperature before igniting (5-10 minutes is recommended). This allows for time for the gas to expand and fizzle out the air bubbles that are possibly generated in the filling process.
- Reset the flame height adjuster to proper position which is no more than 1 inch (1.5 cm). Note, however, that outside temperature & altitude may cause the flame height to vary, so adjust accordingly.
- To adjust the flame size dial the + or – by the mouthpiece to your preferred flame size and enjoy!